S&K Aerospace provides a broad range of technical assistance and professional services for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Environment Management, at the Moab Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action (UMTRA) project in Utah.
Our work, in partnership with Pro2Serve, contributes to the safe removal of residual radioactive materials from the Moab site to a U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission-approved disposal cell 30 miles North near Crescent Junction, Utah.
Our duties include:
- Project integration/management
- IT and telecommunications
- Document production
- Ground water and surface water monitoring
- Records management
- Safeguards and security
- Public affairs/community relations
- Property management
- Quality assurance
- Radiological site characterization
- Environment, safety and health support
More information about the Moab Project can be found at: www.gjem.energy.gov/moab